VERANG’s Technical Capabilities
VERANG is an IT modernization company that specializes in complete migration of legacy systems to modern environments. More precisely, we specialize in automated code conversion and mainframe database/data sets migration. Our work process utilizes in-house written software parsers and code generators to automate the modernization process along with Agile methodologies to greatly reduce the duration of legacy system modernization projects.
VERANG’s “lift and shift” modernization approach allows us to minimize complications during the automated migration process. Our automated conversion tools allow us to focus more on testing, optimizing, and customizing the converted system to the customers exact preferences.
Our approach to modernization projects has allowed VERANG to be successful on projects from vastly different work sectors ranging from financial institutions to heavy manufacturing industries and user-heavy government systems. The flexibility of our conversion platform also enables us to quickly add new source and target environments. Since our migrated code operates in the “open source” environment, there are many available opportunities for integration with other platforms. As such, the migrated code is very scalable and is limited only by the performance of the database.
VERANG’s services include but are not limited to the languages and databases shown in the table.
Source Languages Migrated with 100% Automated Tools
Source Languages Migrated Manually
Source Mainframe Databases Migrated Automatically
OS & TP Monitor Emulation
Target Mainframe Databases
Target Application Servers
Data Migration Framework
VERANG’s proprietary set of internally developed applications and processes is called the “Data Migration Framework” (DMF). VERANG’s DMF embodies procedures, technical know-how and applications developed throughout the years of working on mainframe data migration projects.
The DMF platform allows for automation of many labor intensive steps in mainframe migration projects such as:
- assessing and analyzing data sources to be migrated
- generating relational data model and DDL scripts for building relational databases
- generating programs for unloading data from the source environment
- converting unloaded files from source to target encoding
- creating loading scripts for populating relational target databases
- generating and deploying tools to support migrated data in relational target database
- validating the migrated data
DMF is configurable to meet requirements of common types of migration project and environments encountered in practice.
Being configurable, DMF allows for:
- easy customization for various source and target environments encountered in practice
- choice of preferred normal form for relational databases
- modifications dictated by performance issues in the migrated environment
- selection of several data loading strategies
- implementation of various data validation strategies
- risk reduction in handling and resolving of unforeseen situations encountered during migration